IPSF is the leading international advocacy organization for pharmacy students worldwide, representing more than 310,000 pharmacy students and recent graduates in over 80 countries. IPSF’s aim is to promote improved public health through provision of information, education, networking, and a range of publication and professional activities.
The Federation has its Executive Committee located with the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) in The Hague, The Netherlands. There are five regional offices of IPSF, with additional representation of European IPSF members through the European Pharmaceutical Students’ Association (EPSA).
Aims & Objectives
IPSF is the leading international advocacy organisation for pharmacy students, promoting improved public health through provision of information, education, networking and a range of publications and professional initiatives. The specific objectives of the Federation are:
1. Establishing a permanent form of contact with representative organisations of pharmaceutical students;
2. Promoting the exchange of ideas by international correspondence and by encouraging full dissemination of scientific and professional knowledge;
3. Encouraging the formation and development of national pharmaceutical student organisations without trespassing upon their domains;
4. Collecting opinions and information on the subject of pharmaceutical education and by suggesting improvements where necessary with the aim of attaining unification of pharmaceutical education;
5. Encouraging member associations to organise annual international pharmaceutical students’ congresses;
6. Encouraging and promoting international visits and exchanges of students;
7. Publishing the IPSF News Bulletin as an official organ;
8. Co-operation with other international organisations on a scientific, educational and cultural plane only, the Federation being non-political;
9. Representing the opinions of pharmaceutical students in discussions with professional, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
IPSF is a student-run organization by volunteers both at the executive, international and local levels at each of the member nations.
For more information on the Federation, visit the IPSF website.
Curious about the Federation’s history? Check out IPSF’s History book!